Creative Writing and Literature Combined M.F.A./M.A.
< Back to Department
- A student who wishes to be awarded an M.F.A./M.A. combined degree in creative writing and literature must be admitted to both programs;
- Fulfill all general university requirements and master’s degree requirements and all course requirements within both programs (double counting allowed);
- Pass comprehensive examinations in both programs;
- Complete a thesis required for an M.F.A. degree and the thesis required for an M.A. degree.
- Pass an oral examination of materials submitted from items 2-4 above.
- Finish all requirements in order to be awarded the combined degree instead of the M.A. or M.F.A. separately (i.e., a student may not claim at any time more than one degree for the same work).