A minor is a component of a bachelor's degree in an area of study in addition to the student's major. A student can choose a minor that complements their major or use this as an opportunity to explore an additional area of interest. Students can declare a minor when submitting an admission application or by filling out the Declaration of Minor form through the Office of the Registrar.
- A minor from UAF consists of a minimum of 15 credits, at least 3 of which have to be earned at UAF.
- Some minors may require department approval.
- Students must earn a C- or higher in each course required for the minor unless otherwise noted.
- Students must earn a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 (C) in the minor.
- The same academic catalog year must be used for the bachelor's degree and minor.
- An Associate of Applied Science degree or certificate of at least 30 credits earned at any accredited college or university may be used to meet requirements for a minor in the Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Students must satisfactorily complete the requirements for a minor before the bachelor's degree can be awarded.
The Bachelor of Arts degree requires a minor. A minor is optional for the following degrees unless otherwise noted by the major:
- Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
- Bachelor of Applied Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Security and Emergency Management
Students may use the What-If feature in DegreeWorks to review minor requirements and how credits already earned apply to the requirements. Results in DegreeWorks will be more accurate once the student's minor has been declared.
- Accounting Minor
- Aerospace Engineering Minor
- Agrometeorology Minor
- Alaska Native Languages Minor
- Alaska Native Studies Minor
- Ancient, Medieval and Early Modern Studies Minor
- Anthropology Minor
- Applied Accounting Minor
- Arctic and Northern Studies Minor
- Arctic Skills Minor
- Art History Minor
- Art Minor
- Asian Studies Minor
- Aviation Technology Minor
- Chemistry Minor
- Communication Minor
- Computer Information Technology Specialist Minor
- Computer Science Minor
- Creative Writing Minor
- Cybersecurity Minor
- Early Childhood Education Minor
- Elementary Education Minor
- English Minor
- Environmental Change Minor
- Environmental Politics Minor
- Ethnobotany Minor
- General Business Minor - Applied Business and Accounting Program
- General Business Minor - Business Administration Program
- General Education Minor
- Geology Minor
- Geophysics Minor
- Geospatial Sciences Minor
- Global Studies Minor
- Health Sciences for Pre-professionals Minor
- History Minor
- Homeland Security and Emergency Management Minor
- Human Services Minor
- Management and Organizations Minor
- Marine Science Minor
- Marketing Minor
- Mathematics Minor
- Military Science and Leadership Minor
- Military Security Studies Minor
- Mining Engineering Minor
- Music Minor
- Paleontology Minor
- Paralegal Studies Minor
- Philosophy Minor
- Physics Minor
- Political Science Minor
- Psychology Minor
- Secondary Education Minor
- Social Work Minor
- Special Education Minor
- Sport Management Minor
- Statistics Minor
- Sustainable Agriculture Minor