Medical Scribe O.E.C.
- High school graduation or GED; ALEKS placement into HLTH F116; Accuplacer placement into or completion of WRTG F110; or permission of instructor.
- Student must be in good physical condition and have documentation of the following immunizations: two varicella, two MMR, three Hepatitis B vaccines and a two-step PPD within previous 12 months or titers to prove immunity to above diseases.
Complete the following admission requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Students should complete the UAF application process.
- Complete FAFSA for financial aid, if needed.
Minimum Requirements for Medical Scribe Occupational Endorsement: 17 credits
Students must earn a C- grade or better in each course.
|General University Requirements
|Complete the general university requirements.
|Occupational Endorsement Requirements
|Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.
|Medical Scribe Program Requirements
|Complete the following:
|Keyboarding: Touch Typing
|Keyboarding: Skill Building
|Professional Skills for the Workplace
|Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology
|Medical Law and Ethics
|First Aid and CPR for the Health Care Provider
|Introduction to Medical Scribe Specialist
|Medical Scribe Specialist Practicum
Note: See your advisor if you are not sure which catalog year to use.