Medical Scribe O.E.C.
- High school graduation or GED; ALEKS placement into HLTH F116; Accuplacer placement into or completion of WRTG F110; or permission of instructor.
- Student must be in good physical condition and have documentation of the following immunizations: two varicella, two MMR, three Hepatitis B vaccines and a two-step PPD within previous 12 months or titers to prove immunity to above diseases.
Complete the following admission requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Students should complete the UAF application process.
- Complete FAFSA for financial aid, if needed.
Minimum Requirements for Medical Scribe Occupational Endorsement: 17 credits
Students must earn a C- grade or better in each course.
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Occupational Endorsement Requirements|
|Complete the occupational endorsement requirements.|
|Medical Scribe Program Requirements|
|Complete the following:|
|ABUS F102A||Keyboarding: Touch Typing||1|
|ABUS F102B||Keyboarding: Skill Building||1|
|HLTH F100||Medical Terminology||3|
|HLTH F110||Professional Skills for the Workplace||2|
|HLTH F114||Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|HLTH F118||Medical Law and Ethics||2|
|HLTH F122||First Aid and CPR for the Health Care Provider||0|
|HLTH F124||Introduction to Medical Scribe Specialist||2|
|HLTH F260||Medical Scribe Specialist Practicum||2|
Note: See your advisor if you are not sure which catalog year to use.