Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Studies
Complete the following admission process requirements:
- Submit GRE scores (scores must be less than 5 years old).
- Complete a master's degree.
- In consultation with a UAF faculty member, prepare and submit:
- Statement of academic goals
- Research prospectus
- Proposed graduate study plan
- Other materials: resume, official transcripts, two academic letters of recommendation, two letters of endorsement from two proposed Ph.D. advisory committee members (one letter of endorsement from the proposed UAF committee chair).
Minimum Requirements for Interdisciplinary Studies Ph.D.: 36 credits
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Ph.D. Degree Requirements|
|Complete the Ph.D. degree requirements.|
|Interdisciplinary Studies Program Requirements|
|Pass both a written and oral comprehensive exam 1|
|Thesis credits (F699)||18|
|Additional course work or thesis credits||9|
The oral comprehensive exam may be an oral defense of the written research proposal.
Complete coursework in thematic areas as determined by the advisory committee.