Graduate Certificate, Arctic Security
Complete the following admission requirements:
- Student must have a completed baccalaureate degree.
- If the degree is in a non-security or arctic related field and has a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA, they will be required to start with one 400-level course, which is an elective option for the degree.
- Students that have already obtained a graduate degree will not be required to complete an entrance exam or complete a 400-level course first.
- Students with a baccalaureate degree in a related field, with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher will not have any additional testing or entry course requirements.
- If the student has a cumulative GPA between 3.0 and 2.75, regardless of the field of study, they will be required to complete the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Exam.
- If a student has a cumulative GPA below 2.75, they will be required to submit results from either the GRE or GMAT.
Minimum Requirements for Arctic Security Graduate Certificate: 12 credits
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Graduate Certificate Requirements|
|Complete the graduate certificate requirements.|
|Arctic Security Program Requirements|
|HSEM F607||Vulnerability and Protection||3|
|HSEM F621||Circumpolar Competition-Arctic Diplomacy and Defense||3|
|HSEM F622||Arctic Strategies and Operations||3|
|Complete one of the following:|
|Comparative Homeland Security|
|Homeland Defense and Security|
|Security and Disaster Management Seminar|
|International Relations of the North|