Certificate, Medical Scribe Specialist
- High school graduation or GED; ALEKS Placement: HLTH F116; Accuplacer Placement: WRTG F110; or permission of instructor.
- Documentation of the following immunizations: two varicella, two MMR, three Hep B, and two step PPD within previous 12 months or titers to prove immunity to above diseases.
- Be at least 18 years old by the first day of the semester in which you are admitted.
- Complete the UAF application process.
- Complete FAFSA for financial aid, if needed.
- These will be verified by the Director of Allied Health Programs.
Students must earn a C- or better in each course.
Minimum Requirements for Medical Scribe Specialist Certificate: 34 credits
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Complete the certificate requirements.|
|WRTG F111X||Writing Across Contexts||3|
|or ABUS F271||Business Communications|
|HLTH F116||Mathematics in Health Care||3|
|HLTH F106||Human Behavior in Health Care 1||3|
|Medical Scribe Specialist Program Requirements|
|ABUS F102A||Keyboarding: Touch Typing||1|
|ABUS F102B||Keyboarding: Skill Building||1|
|HLTH F100||Medical Terminology||3|
|HLTH F110||Professional Skills for the Workplace||2|
|HLTH F114||Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|HLTH F118||Medical Law and Ethics||2|
|HLTH F122||First Aid and CPR for the Health Care Provider||0|
|HLTH F124||Introduction to Medical Scribe Specialist||2|
|HLTH F126||Administrative Procedures for the Healthcare Worker||3|
|HLTH F130||Medical Office Technology 2||3|
|or CIOS F150||Computer Business Applications|
|HLTH F260||Medical Scribe Specialist Practicum||2|
|MA F247||Introduction to Pharmacology||2|
Or other approved human relations course.
HLTH F130 is preferred to CIOS F150.