Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Studies
- Complete the following admission process requirements:
- Submit GRE scores (scores must be less than 5 years old)
- Complete a master's degree
- In consultation with a UAF faculty member, prepare and submit:
- Statement of Academic Goals
- Research Prospectus
- Proposed Graduate Study Plan
- Other materials: resume, official transcripts, two (2) academic letters of recommendation, two (2) Letters of Endorsement from two proposed PhD Advisory Committee members (one from UAF committee chair and one from a different department).
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 36 credits
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Ph.D. Degree Requirements|
|Complete the Ph.D. degree requirements.|
|Pass both a written and oral comprehensive exam 1|
|Thesis credits (F699)||18|
|Additional course work or thesis credits||9|
The oral comprehensive exam may be an oral defense of the written research proposal.
Complete coursework in thematic areas as determined by the advisory committee.