- Complete the following admission requirements:
- Submit three letters of recommendation concerning the applicant’s educational background and quantitative training.
- Submit complete transcripts for all college-level work.
- Submit a resume.
- Submit a written statement of goals.
- Submit GRE scores.
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- Must have completed the following courses or their equivalent with a B grade or better: full calculus sequence (MATH F251X, MATH F252X, MATH F253X); or students completing MATH F230X must take MATH F252X and MATH F253X before acceptance; and a course in linear algebra (MATH F314), at least one introductory statistics or probability course (STAT F200X, STAT F300 or MATH F371, MATH F408). Students lacking MATH F314 may be accepted on probation.
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 30 credits
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Master’s Degree Requirements|
|Complete the master’s degree requirements.|
|Statistics Core Courses|
|STAT F651||Statistical Theory I||3|
|STAT F652||Statistical Theory II||4|
|STAT F653||Statistical Theory III: Linear Models||3|
|STAT F654||Statistical Consulting Seminar||1|
|STAT F698||Non-Thesis Research/Project||3|
|Select two of the following:||6|
|Applied Multivariate Statistics|
|Categorical Data Analysis|
|Complete at least 6 credits of approved courses from an application area or courses with substantial statistical and/or mathematical content. 1||6|
Students working in subject areas involving significant non-English literature will be expected to read the appropriate foreign language.
Note: Each student must take and pass a two-part comprehensive exam. The first part, written by the statistics faculty, is a written exam (not a take-home exam) covering the material in the core statistics courses. The second part is an oral exam covering follow-up questions from the written exam as well as any material from courses the student has taken along with their project.