- Complete the following admission requirements:
- Submit three letters of recommendation addressing the applicant’s educational background, mathematical ability, and research and teaching potential.
- Submit undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate transcripts.
- Submit a resume and written statement of goals.
Note: For admission to the graduate school, students who are non-native speakers of English are required to submit either TOEFL or IELTS scores. While not required, we strongly recommend the submission of GRE mathematics subject test scores as part of the application for all students.
Minimum Requirements for Degree: 36 credits
- Either submit transcripts indicating the completion of a master’s degree in mathematics or a related area, or compete all the requirements for the M.S. degree in mathematics, including a project or thesis which initiates study of the Ph.D. research area.
- Pass the Ph.D. qualifying exam.
|General University Requirements|
|Complete the general university requirements.|
|Ph.D. Degree Requirements|
|Complete the Ph.D. degree requirements.|